Heart of Texas Electric Cooperative is dedicated to providing the most reliable power supply possible. However, if your electric power goes off, please follow these instructions.
- Check your fuses or circuit breakers to determine if the problem is within your home.
- Check to see if your neighbors have power. This will help HOTEC determine whether the trouble is caused by a transformer serving your home, or is more general in nature.
- To report an outage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call 254-840-2871 / 1-800-840-2957 (toll free) for the McGregor office or 254-231-0444 /1-800-840-2957 (toll free) for the Rosebud office. Please have your bill available, or be able to provide the dispatcher with the name that appears on your account.
- If a serviceman makes a call to your premises and finds the problem is not HOTEC's responsibility, you will be billed for a service charge to cover the expenses.
- If the outage is HOTEC's responsibility, there is no charge.
The Cooperative maintains a list of critical care customers. Upon request, HOTEC will strive to meet the special needs of such individuals. Contact HOTEC for details.